Truck accidents can cause catastrophic and fatal injuries to occupants of smaller vehicles. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a truck accident, turn to Vaziri Law LLC. We have comprehensive knowledge of the applicable truck safety and negligence laws and an impressive track record of success on behalf of our clients.
You can depend on our experienced truck accident attorney to handle the details of your claim and fight for just compensation. We offer free consultations and will charge no attorney’s fees unless we recover for you. Contact our office today to get started.
Representing Truck Accident Victims in Chicago
Most truck accidents are due to negligent truck drivers and trucking companies. Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Distracted driving – Truck drivers use GPS devices and smartphones to plot their routes, leading to distracted truck driving.
- Driver fatigue – Truckers can become fatigued by meeting strict delivery deadlines, covering vast distances, and traveling overnight.
- DUI – Some truckers use stimulants to stay alert or drive under the influence
- Improper loading – A truck with improperly loaded or overweight cargo can be challenging to maneuver.
- Improper maintenance – Trucking companies and truck owners must routinely maintain their vehicles, but many fail to do so.
- Inexperienced drivers – Trucking companies put profits first and often hire inexperienced drivers instead of seasoned truck drivers.
- Reckless driving – Truck drivers often speed or change lanes without checking their blind spots.
- Poor weather and road conditions – Heavy rains, wind, and blowing snow can impact driving conditions, especially for commercial trucks.
Truck accidents can also be due to safety violations, such as truckers failing to follow federally mandated driving limits. Negligent third parties, including other motorists and public agencies that fail to maintain roads and highways, may also be responsible for truck accidents. Regardless of the cause, it takes an experienced truck accident attorney to identify the responsible party, hold them accountable, and get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Truck Accidents Cause Serious Injuries
Because trucks far outweigh passenger vehicles, truck accident victims can suffer serious injuries, including:
- Head injuries – Truck accidents often result in concussions, and a high-impact collision may result in skull fractures.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – The impact of a truck collision can result in a TBI, requiring immediate emergency care and surgery to minimize brain damage caused by inflammation, bleeding, or oxygen deprivation.
- Spinal cord injuries – Injuries to the spine may cause paralysis, including impairment of the lower limbs (paraplegia) or diminished capability in all four limbs (quadriplegia).
- Back injuries – Damage to backbones and soft tissue can result in chronic pain and impairment.
- Neck injuries – The sudden impact of a truck collision can cause whiplash and injuries to the muscles, joints, and ligaments, or a broken neck.
- Broken bones – Fractures to the ribs, arms, legs, and face are often the result of truck accidents.
- Burns – Burn injuries can occur in collisions with trucks carrying hazardous materials or if a fuel tank explodes, resulting in scarring, permanent disfigurement, infections, and other complications.
- Wrongful death – A truck collision can result in fatal injuries to the occupants of a smaller vehicle.
Given the life-altering repercussions of a truck accident, it takes an aggressive attorney to fight for compensation that considers all your future medical and financial needs.
How Vaziri Law LLC Can Help With Your Truck Accident Claim
Truck accident claims are complicated and often involve multiple parties, including the truck driver, the trucking company, other motorists, and more than one insurance company. Let our legal team sort through all the details of your claim by:
- Investigating the accident site
- Obtaining and reviewing police reports
- Identifying and interviewing any witnesses
- Collecting medical evidence of your injuries and treatment
- Negotiating with insurers and opposing counsel
We work to settle truck accident claims and prepare each case for trial to achieve the best possible outcome. Trust us to get you meaningful compensation, including damages such as:
- Medical expenses and rehabilitative costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability/disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If a family member has died in a truck accident, we can help you file a wrongful death lawsuit to obtain compensation for the loss of comfort and support they would have provided and other damages. Money cannot replace your loved one, but you deserve justice and compensation for your untimely loss.
Contact Our Experienced Chicago Truck Accident Attorney
At Vaziri Law LLC, we work to hold negligent truck drivers and trucking companies accountable for accidents and help injury victims and their families obtain just compensation. Once you become our client, you will have comfort with our legal team in your corner. Contact our office today for a consultation.