Consumers expect the products they buy and use to be safe. When products provided by manufacturers and distributors cause illnesses or injuries, victims are entitled to compensation. If you or a family member suffered an injury caused by a defective product, working with an experienced product liability attorney is essential.
Vaziri Law LLC represents injury victims in product liability claims in Chicago and throughout Illinois. If a poorly designed or manufactured product has caused you harm, we will provide you with powerful legal representation. Because numerous individuals may have suffered similar injuries after using the same product as you, your claim may become a class-action lawsuit.
Regardless of the circumstances, you can depend on us to protect your rights and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. When you meet with us, we will listen to your account of what happened and explore all your legal options. Contact us today for a no-cost consultation.
Why Choose Us?
At Vaziri Law LLC, we pursue and litigate claims arising from a variety of defective products, including but not limited to:
- Medical devices, such as hip and knee implants
- Pharmaceutical products
- Children’s toys
- Household appliances and furniture
- Construction tools and equipment
We believe manufacturers, distributors, and retailers must be held accountable for providing dangerous and defective products to the public.
What Is The Basis For A Product Liability Lawsuit?
Federal and state laws establish safety standards for most consumer products; however, defective products are attributable to:
- Design defects – Defects during the design phase of product development can impact the manufacturing process, rendering all products defective. Consumers can be injured even if they use a poorly designed product for its intended purpose.
- Manufacturing defects – Defects can occur while a product is manufactured or assembled. Also, items may leave a factory with missing or defective parts. In any event, manufacturing flaws can cause serious injuries; many product liability claims arise from manufacturing defects.
- Marketing defects – Under federal and state laws, consumer products must have instructions about their proper use and adequate warnings about potential dangers. Someone who is injured because a product did not contain warnings or instructions can file a product liability claim.
Do I Have A Valid Product Liability Claim?
Under Illinois law, defendants can be held strictly liable for providing products that result in injuries and wrongful death, regardless of whether they were negligent. Being injured after using a product is not necessarily grounds for a product liability lawsuit. To have a valid claim, you must prove:
- The product that caused your injury was unreasonably safe or dangerous when designed, manufactured, or distributed
- The defect existed at the time it left the defendant’s control
- The defective product was the proximate cause of your injury
At Vaziri Law LLC, we have the skills and resources to prove the necessary elements of product liability and a proven history of achieving positive outcomes. We will develop evidence that supports your claim by collaborating with a respected network of design experts and engineers.
We will also conduct a thorough investigation to determine whether other individuals have suffered similar harm and consider combining these claims into a class action, increasing the chances of a substantial recovery. Above all, we will work in your best interests and protect your rights.
Damages We Will Fight For
Several factors are involved in assessing damages in a product liability claim, such as the extent of your injuries, the type of product, the nature of the defect, and whether you pursue an individual or class action. Also, you may be awarded compensation that includes economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic damages will compensate you for:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitative costs
- Lost wages – present and future
- Property damage
Noneconomic damages will cover intangible losses, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability/disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
In addition, you may also recover punitive damages if the defendant acted recklessly or egregiously. As the name implies, these damages will punish the defendant and deter others from providing dangerous or defective products to consumers.
Product Liability and Wrongful Death
If you have lost a loved one after a dangerous or defective product caused a fatal injury, we can help you file a wrongful death lawsuit. You may receive compensation for final medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, and loss of the companionship and guidance they would have provided. No amount of money can ease your grief, but you deserve compensation to protect your financial future.
Contact Our Experienced Chicago Product Liability Lawyer
Manufacturers have a legal obligation to provide safe products to consumers. When dangerous and defective products cause injuries to users, responsible parties must be held accountable. That’s where Vaziri Law LLC comes in. Contact us today so we can start working on your product liability claim.