Offering convenient and affordable options for getting around town, ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft have revolutionized the transportation industry. However, with more rideshare drivers on the road, there has been an increase in ridesharing accidents. If you’ve been injured in a ridesharing accident in Chicago, turn to Vaziri Law LLC.
When you meet with us, you will work with an experienced ridesharing accident attorney who will explore all your options. Given the complicated insurance rules governing ridesharing accidents, having informed representation is essential. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.
Leading Reasons for Ridesharing Accidents in Chicago
Ridesharing accidents can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Distracted driving – Rideshare drivers can become distracted by their phones or GPS navigation devices, leading to accidents.
- Reckless driving – Some rideshare drivers may speed or engage in other reckless behavior to get to their destination faster.
- Fatigued driving – Many rideshare drivers work long hours, and fatigue can lead to accidents.
- Inexperienced drivers – Rideshare drivers may not have as much experience on the road as professional taxi drivers, leading to more accidents.
No matter the cause, you need an experienced attorney to hold the negligent rideshare driver, their employer, or a third party accountable. You can depend on Vaziri Law LLC to handle all the details and guide you every step of the way.
Common Ridesharing Accident Injuries
Ridesharing accidents can result in a range of injuries, from minor cuts and bruises to serious, life-altering injuries. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Whiplash – Whiplash is a neck injury that can occur when the head is jerked back and forth quickly.
- Back injuries – Back injuries can be caused by the impact of the accident and lead to pain and limited mobility.
- Head injuries – Head injuries can range from mild concussions to more serious traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), which can have long-term effects.
- Broken bones – Broken bones can occur in a rideshare accident due to the force of impact.
How Does Insurance Coverage Work in a Ridesharing Accident?
If you’re involved in a ridesharing accident, insurance coverage can be a complex issue. Ridesharing companies like Uber and Lyft offer insurance coverage for their drivers, but the amount of coverage can vary depending on the circumstances of the accident.
When a rideshare driver is driving with a passenger, the rideshare company’s insurance policy typically provides $1 million in liability coverage. However, if the driver is between rides, the coverage can be more limited. Additionally, if the driver was not using the ridesharing app at the time of the accident, their personal auto insurance policy would be the primary source of coverage.
You can trust our capable Chicago ridesharing accident attorney to sort through the insurance details and protect your rights and interests.
How Vaziri Law LLC Can Help
If you’ve been injured in a ridesharing accident, our firm can help you understand your legal options and pursue a personal injury claim. You can depend on our experienced ridesharing accident attorney to:
- Investigate the accident to determine who was at fault
- Gather evidence to support your claim
- Evaluate damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering
- Negotiate with insurance companies to help you get the compensation you deserve
- Represent you in court if negotiations with insurance companies are not successful and argue your case before a judge and jury
Rest assured, our personal injury lawyer will fight for your rights in and out of the courtroom.
Damages You Can Recover in a Ridesharing Accident
Although no two injury claims are the same, you may be entitled to various types of compensation, including:
- Medical expenses – Injured parties may be eligible for compensation for medical expenses, such as hospitalization, surgery, medication, and physical therapy costs.
- Lost wages – Ridesharing accident victims who cannot work due to their injuries may be eligible for compensation for both present and future lost wages.
- Pain and suffering – Injured parties may be eligible for compensation for physical and emotional pain and suffering resulting from the accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life – Victims of ridesharing accidents may be eligible for compensation for the loss of enjoyment of life due to their injuries, which may include the inability to participate in activities they once enjoyed.
In the unfortunate event of a loved one’s death, surviving family members may be entitled to compensation for wrongful death, including funeral expenses, lost income, and other damages. Regardless of the circumstances, it is crucial to have the guidance of an experienced personal injury attorney to safeguard your rights and interests.
Talk To An Experienced Chicago Ridesharing Accident Attorney Today!
Ridesharing accidents can be devastating, causing serious injuries and financial hardships for those involved. If you’ve been in a ridesharing accident in Chicago, having an experienced ridesharing accident attorney is essential. Contact Vaziri Law LLC today so we can start working on your claim.