At Vaziri Law LLC, we work to protect the interests of small and mid-sized businesses throughout Chicago. If your business is involved in a commercial dispute or needs to enforce its rights under an agreement, our experienced commercial litigation attorney can help.
When a dispute cannot be resolved through negotiations, our trial-ready approach will position you for a successful outcome. Knowing that a protracted legal battle can be costly, we will provide you with cost-effective and efficient service and work with your best interest in mind at all times. Contact our business law office today for a consultation.
Representing Chicago Businesses in Commercial Litigation
Commercial litigation is often centered on contract law but can also arise when a business is harmed by another party’s unlawful practices. Our firm is experienced in litigating all types of commercial disputes, such as:
- Business torts
- Contract disputes (e.g, breach of contract, breach of warranties)
- Fraud, misrepresentation, failure to disclose
- Deceptive trade practices
- Tortious interference with business relationships
- Shareholder disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Employment-related disputes (e.g. discrimination, harassment)
- Non-compete, non-solicitation, and nondisclosure agreements
- UCC breaches
Regardless of the dispute facing your business, you can rest assured that we will handle your case in a professional and expedient manner. From routine contract breaches to complex multi-party, multi-jurisdictional litigation in state and federal courts, we are the experienced choice in commercial litigation.
Why You Need An Experienced Commercial Litigation Lawyer
When a business faces a dispute that may rise to the level of litigation, involving an experienced commercial litigation attorney early in the process is critical. A seasoned commercial litigator can gather evidence, retain appropriate experts, preserve relevant electronically stored information, and work to achieve a successful outcome.
Our highly skilled strategists will guide you through all aspects of commercial litigation, including:
- Case evaluation
- Pre-suit negotiation
- Potential settlement
- Discovery (depositions, subpoenas, e-discovery, document production)
- Dispositive motions and hearings
- Jury selection
You can depend on us to assess the merits of your case and identify potential obstacles to recovery so that you can make informed choices. If a negotiated settlement cannot be reached, we will bring to bear comprehensive knowledge of procedural and substantive law, attention to detail, thorough preparation, and formidable trial skills to achieve positive results.
Available Remedies and Damages in Chicago Commercial Litigation
Vaziri Law LLC regularly collaborates with a respected network of valuation experts, financial professionals, and industry specialists to conduct comprehensive damages assessments. Depending on the circumstances, the following damages and remedies may be available:
- Compensatory or economic damages to recover actual financial losses resulting from the breach or tort (e.g. lost profits, royalties, loss of market value)
- Consequential and incidental damages for certain losses arising from an indirect but foreseeable result of the breach (e.g. loss of use, restitution, loss of goodwill)
- Liquidated damages or money damages paid in the event of a breach, provided that such damages are agreed to and stipulated in the contract
- Punitive damages to punish the defendant for acting in an illegal or egregious manner and to deter others from similar wrongdoing
- Attorney fees and costs are usually only recoverable if the agreement provides for them
- Rescission to cancel the contract and release both parties from further performance
- Reformation or a modification of the terms of a contract to reflect the original intent of the parties
- Specific performance requires the breaching party to perform its obligations under the contract when monetary compensation is not an option (e.g. delivering goods or services)
- Injunctive relief, such as temporary restraining order (TRO) or temporary or permanent injunctions, either in addition to or in lieu of monetary damages
Trust our legal team to work strategically to pursue damages that consider all your present and future losses.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
We have a demonstrated track record of success litigating commercial disputes and are also highly skilled in various methods of alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration, mediation, and summary trials. Above all, we understand what’s at stake for our clients and work to achieve successful outcomes, whether through negotiation or litigation.
Contact Our Experienced Chicago Commercial Litigation Attorney
Commercial litigation is different from most other civil lawsuits because the factual and legal issues can be more complex, and that makes it essential to have the informed representation Vaziri Law LLC provides. By understanding your business goals, we will implement the best strategy to achieve your immediate and long-term objectives. Contact our office today to get started.
Vaziri Law helps residents of Chicago with commercial litigation including those who live in Cook County, Dupage County, Lake County, McHenry County, and Will County.