get to know pasha
I graduated from the University of Kentucky as a philosophy and political science double-major. I then worked in the financial services department of a Fortune 500 company for two years prior to attending The John Marshall Law School in Chicago. After obtaining my Juris Doctor, I worked as an associate attorney at a general civil litigation firm with a focus on personal injury and insurance law. There I settled countless cases for my clients, both individual and corporate. As a litigator, I obtained favorable outcomes through mediation, arbitration hearings, and bench and jury trials. Building on that experience, in 2014 I founded Vaziri Law LLC with a focus on business and employment litigation.
The most fulfilling things a person can do is experience different cultures.
Something new that I am trying is a low-carb diet. I hope I make it over the hump, but it's torture.
Some shows that I really enjoy are Billions, Better Call Saul, and I'm Dying Up Here.
My favorite sports teams are the Kentucky Wildcats, the Florida State Seminoles, the Toronto Maple Leafs, the San Francisco Forty-Niners, and the Toronto Blue Jays. I know what you’re thinking—but I moved a lot when I was younger.
Recently I have really tried to improve my time management skills. As a business owner and practicing attorney, my time is of the utmost importance, and I am forced to keep that in mind every day.
My favorite way to blow off some steam is by working out—either running or lifting weights.
If I could have any superpower, it would be immortality. I want to know what the world will be like 100 years from now, 1000 years from now, etc.
The best book I have recently read is Open (Andre Agassi's autobiography). For the first time in years, I read a book for leisure! Though I am not sure it rose to the level of reviews it garnered, it was a great read and I enjoyed learning so much about a childhood idol of mine.
Something I did not realize about the practice of law while in law school was that an attorney spends his/her entire career perfecting the craft. No matter how long you have been practicing, you can and must always improve.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- The Sometimes Surprising Practical Implications of Revised UCC Article I, 98 Ill. B.J. 204 (April, 2010)
- Chicago Bar Association (Civil Practice Committee, Insurance Law Committee, Labor & Employment Law Committee, Tort Litigation Committee, and Trial Practice Committee)
- Certified Arbitrator - Law Division Mandatory Arbitration, Commercial Calendar, Circuit Court of Cook County
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois Association of Independent Attorneys